torsdag 28 oktober 2010

Sweet progress!

I was forced to take a few step back after getting stuck on a few things in proceduall terrain generation(temporary I'm sure), and instead i started working on the other side of the project (Queuing->Threading->Chunks) and as it turns out, it now works very smooth and effective after only a few days work :)

This of course are perhaps one of the most important things to make effective and robust, it is the very heart of the engine, and it feels very solid right now:)

I feel very tempted to implement multi-thread support as well(for computers with more than 2 cores), but i guess it is not where my priority's should be atm, so I'll do that later :)

I must say I'm very happy with the results!, and the threading in C# gave me less problems than i expected(used to things being a bit more messy in Delphi)

I am also considering adding my project to http://www.kickstarter.com/ to get some well needed sponsoring, but it will have to wait until i can make some pretty renders with most of the fancy Shaders active, or nobody will take the project very seriously.

But it would help this project allot of i did manage to collect 25.000+$ or more, i have a serius chicken&the Egg issue with all the licenses, i need to sell the game to get the money i need to pay for the PRO license i need to sell the game.... uhm... hense the problem.

on top of this, i have to struggle to survive on minimal wellfare "income", and at the same time being forced to do part-time tasks to keep my income, making this project loosing valuable time it needs to get finished.
I'm also considering starting my own company, and for that i would get "start your own company money" for 6 months, however... to get those money i need to "sell my idea" to some random "jury" people.
however, to convince those people to get me the money i need... I basically need to have a finished project that can sustain me within 6 months.
so however i turn things around, it seems that a decent chunk of money from Kickstarter would be a life saver.

On a side note, it hit me a while back that i might be able to use the Minertopia engine to power the Liero3D game as well, with only a few miner tweaks.

I also believe that the Minertopia engine Should work on XBox aswell(but i wont promise anything since xbox is famous for giving developers gray hair) and if that is the case, then perhaps my original goal for L3D would be possible as well!
so there are still hope for everyone who wish to see L3D released :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar